Interesting Facts II
Note: This section contains Funny stuff which everyone appreciates. Here we discuss about cool forwarded mails.
Interesting Facts II :
Here are some interesting, but true facts, that you may or may not have known.
- The Statue of Liberty's index finger is eight feet long
- Rain has never been recorded in some parts of the Atacama Desert in Chile.
- A 75 year old person will have slept about 23 years.
- A Boeing 747's wing span is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.(the Wright brother's invented the airplane)
- There are as many chickens on earth as there are humans.
- One type of hummingbird weighs less than a penny
- The word "set " has the most number of definitions in the English language;192
- Slugs have four noses
- Sharks can live up to 100 years
- Mosquitos are more attracted to the color blue than any other color.
- Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
- About 75 acres of pizza are eaten in in the U.S. Everyday
- The largest recorded snowflake was 15in wide and 8in thick. It fell in Montana in 1887.
- The tip of a bullwhip moves so fast that the sound it makes is actually a tiny sonic boom.
- Former president Bill Clinton only sent 2 emails in his entire 8 year presidency.
- Koalas and humans are the only animals that have finger prints.
- There are 200,000,000 insects for every one human.
- It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery had in it to begin with.
- The world's largest Montessori school is in India, with 26,312 students in 2002.
- Octopus have three hearts.
- If you ate too many carrots, you'd turn orange.
- The average person spends two weeks waiting for a traffic light to change.
- 1 in 2,000,000,000 people will live to be 116 or old.
- The body has 2-3 million sweat glands.
- Sperm whales have the biggest brains; 20 lbs
- Tiger shark embryos fight each other in their mother's womb. The survivor is born.
- Most cats are left pawed.
- 250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- A Blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant.
- You use 14 muscles to smile and 43 to frown. Keep Smiling!
- Bamboo can grow up to 3 ft in 24 hours.
- An eyeball weighs about 1 ounce.
- Bone is five times stronger than steel.