How to Select best Web Hosting Provider for you web site?
Many free webhosts do not offer the features you would get if you paid for a host. This guide will show you how to carefully select a paying host that will fit your needs.
Benefit of using paid host vs hosting on personal computer:
- Information security – Web hosting services provide good security for the web site. If you decide to host site on home computer make sure are you prepared to open the "door" to your personal computer to everyone.
- Availability - Your computer is supposed to provide service 24 hours a day. This involves two main things: One, your PC must be connected to the Internet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Two, you must be sure that it is operating 24 hours a day. This would require power backup for 24 hours.
- Infrastructures - Up to this point, building your site has been free or relatively inexpensive. Turning your PC into a server on the Internet obligates you to purchase a few products including: Internet server (software), an IP address and a domain name. This configuration will enable users to roam around your computer (we've already mentioned security).
- Other factors - like Response time, number of simultaneous users, etc.
It is better to find a Web hosting server on the Internet for your Web site then on personal computer.
First answer why do you want a web Site:
The first thing to be done is to decide what you need your page to do. Is this you personal site, business site or some organization site. These are just some of the questions you need to answer yourself before even starting to choose.
There are more factors in what will determine the best hosting provider for you and that will be the primary goal of this article.
Following points would help you deciding which is best web hosting plan for your web site.
How to choosed best web hosting paln for your web site.
First thing to consider: Storage Space and DataTransfer:
A small information site or personal site will usually only require a few megabytes of disk space, however, data transfer depends on the size of the pages your are offering your visitors multiplied by the number of visitors. Therefore, a popular and graphics heavy website requires a greater monthly transfer than a text site. You should look at a minimum of 2 GB (2000 MB) data transfer a month for high traffic site (8000 – 10000 unique visitor per day) go for at least 1000 GB per month If your Web site is expected to grow, look for a server that gives you the option of increasing your basic package to another convenient package, or take a package with more storage space to begin with.
Note: It is extremely important to look at the monthly data transfer bandwidth included in a plan.
Second thing to consider: reliability :
For any online business, uptime is critical. You absolutely cannot go with a host that has an uptime of less than 95%.
No web host can have 100% uptime, and it’s impossible to guarantee. Avoid any hosts promising more than they can deliver. Most claim 99.9% uptime, but due to the nature of computers and communications equipment, outages will and do occur occasionally. To find the truth ask for a couple of sites they currently host, that you can check out for yourself. The word of mouth is probably most powerful in helping to judge these companies.
Third thing to consider: Technical Support
Critical to success, you'll need an internet hosting company that can help you resolve problems quickly with the least possible disruption to your site activity. As most hosting companies offer inclusive technical support, you shouldn't pay extra for this. If you're not offered 24 hours/7 days you should look elsewhere. If they don't reply within 48 hours, or don't reply at all, consider another hosting company. A good company should reply within 24-48 hours.
Fourth thing to consider: Added Features
Various internet hosting companies offer a variety of services. Web hosters provide a listing of overwhelming features to hosting plans to entice you into joining their services. However, more importantly, what features you need and what ones you don't need.
If you are paying for a website, you should definitely be getting email accounts and FTP access. Don’t settle for a site without them. Make sure the email addresses are for your domain and not at your host’s domain. FTP access is critical is you intend to do any amount of uploading files to your server.
Examples of services include also visitor counts, e-mail forwarding options, real time chat, shopping cart functions, and web statistics. The list goes on.
Fifth thing to consider: Pricing Structure
If the previous four steps check out, then you need to consider price and this can vary widely. You need to consider setup fees, monthly fees, plan discounts and optional extras in your calculations. Don’t let price be the primary factor in your decision unless you are launching a personal page. For ecommerce, businesses and organizations, the quality of the service is more important.
Keep also in mind that the most expensive plan is not necessarily the best, and the biggest name company may not be the right match for you. Many perfectly fine packages for small businesses now run between $7 - $15 per month, for shared web hosting service.
A good web host company will not tie you into a long-term contract that will prevent you moving if you don't like the service.
Sixth thing to consider:What type of Web hosting server is offered?
There are two main types of Web hosting servers - servers whose operating system is Windows NT/200x and those using UNIX/Linux.
Some are faster than others, and offer varied features. If your host uses Linux, you are going to get support of probably, PHP, MySql, and other features. If your host uses Windows, then you're probably going to get the support of CFM, ASP, ASP.net. Pick your OS wisely.
Another main difference between Windows NT/200x and UNIX/Linux servers is that Windows NT/200x servers are not case-sensitive.
Seventh thing to consider : Does the Web hosting server provide back-up and recovery services :
Add on services like providing back-up and recovery services become very handy in case of breakdown or hacking?.
Eighth thing to consider :Read the Terms of Service:
Reading this is important because it tells you the do's and don'ts of the hosting. If you get a host that is a little infamous you probably aren't going to get the full advantage of a famous host. For example if it says "We do not expect porn sites, videos, etc.." and you are getting the host for a porn site then your account will probably be terminated.
The most important thing to remember is to research and shop around. The more requirements you have, the most likely you pay more. But paying for a quality web host provider is a good investment especially if your business will in the future become more reliant on the Internet.
Our Recomendation :
Based on All these factors I have choose some of the best web hosting plan around. I have give them ranking as below.
- Netfirms Web Hosting Netfirms is the fastest growing Web Hosting and Domain Name service provider in the world. We currently host over 1,200,000 small to medium sized business Websites.
- HostGator.com Best web hosting around. One of the only plan having a 30 day money back guarantee. On all the reviews they got the highest ranking. A perfect Paln to start with.
- Lunarpages Web Hosting A very close competitor to Hostgator. Their plan include much more sapce and bandwidth limit tahn any other competitor around. They have just one plan and they maintain it quite well.
- iPowerWeb : IPowerWeb takes the lead by providing one integrated web hosting solution for one low price. You pay just $7.95 month with no set up fee. You get 300 Gigabytes of storage space with unlimited email forwarding, 2500 emails, MySQL, CGI-Bin, 3000 gigs of data transfer, the works.
- AN Hosting : ANHosting's one plan is a shared Unix hosting plan. It comes with generous storage and transfer allowances, as well as midPhase's traditional "free domain for life."
- InMotion Hosting : One of the best offer of the price. 6 domain free with 8.95 $ per month hosting paln. InMotion offers flexibility, features, and services other hosting companies just don't provide.