Google Chrome tips and tricks
Google Chrome tips and tricks
Google Chrome Window and tab shortcuts :
|Ctrl+N||Open a new window|
|Ctrl+Shift+N||Open a new window in incognito mode|
|Press Ctrl, and click a link||Open link in a new ta|
|Press Shift, and click a link||Open link in a new window|
|Alt+F4||Close current window|
|Ctrl+T||Open a new tab|
|Ctrl+Shift+T||Reopen last tab closed (remembers 10)|
|Drag link to tab||Open link in specified tab|
|Drag link to space between tabs||Open link in a new tab|
|Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+8||Switch to the tab at the specified position number. The number you press represents a position on the tab strip.|
|Ctrl+9||Switch to the last tab|
|Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+PgDown||Switch to the next tab|
|Ctrl+Shift+Tab or Ctrl+PgUp||Switch to the previous tab|
|Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4||Close current tab or pop-up|
|Alt+Home||Open your homepage|
Google Chrome features Shortcuts
|Ctrl+B||Toggle bookmarks bar on and off|
|Ctrl+H||View the History page|
|Ctrl+J||View the Downloads page|
|Shift+Escape||View the Task manager|
Google Chrome Tips and Tricks :
- Create application shortcuts : Create desktop and Start menu shortcuts to web apps such as Gmail - go to Gmail.com and then select Create application shortcuts... from the Page Control menu (in the top-right corner of your browser - it looks like a page with the corner folded over). Now choose where you want to place your shortcut. This works for other Google apps such as Calendar and Documents, and other services such as Windows Live Hotmail.
- To bookmark a site click the star on the left of the address bar and then select a folder to add it to.
- To clear an item from your Downloads page, right-click an entry and select Remove.
- Right-click the top of the browser window and select Task manager to see how much memory different tabs and plug-ins are using. Highlight one and click End process to stop it running.
- about:plugins To see what plug-ins are installed, type about:plugins into the address window.
- You can also type the following commands into the Google Chrome address window: about:stats, about:network, about:histograms,about:memory, about:cache, about:dns.
- about:crash Type about:crash to see what a crashed tab looks like.
- Inspect element Edit any web page - right-click a page and select Inspect element. Now edit the HTML source code and hit Return to view the changes.
Power users Tips and Tricks : Google Chrome
- Show the list of recently visited pages from the current tab: right-click on the "Back" button. This also works for the "Forward" button.
- Undo closing a tab: press Ctrl+Shift+T or open a new tab and check the "Recently closed tabs" section.
- If you need more space in a textarea, resize it by dragging the lower right corner.
- Monitor the resources used by a web page - right click inside the page, select "Inspect element", switch to the "Resources" tab and reload the web page. You'll see a list of images, scripts and objects loaded from the web page and you can sort them by size or by loading time.
- After downloading a file, you can copy it to the desktop or to any other folder by using drag and drop directly from Google Chrome.
How to backup profile of Google Chrome
First download the Google chrome freeware backup application ( application is called as “Google Chrome backup” ) from here (or here),now extract the freeware software and install it on your hard disk.Open the application and you will be asked for back up or restoring the profile.Backing up or restoring the profile will help you switch the profiles which have different password and bookmarks.
In any case if you are re installing Google chrome or using different profiles then this backup software is ought to be helpful.