Easter eggs -- Amazing !!!
Easter eggs -- Amazing !!!
What is an "Easter Egg"? :
The term "Easter Egg", as it is used in computer terminology here, means any amusing tidbit that creators hid in their creations. They could be in computer software, movies, music, art, books, or even your watch. There are hundreds of them, and they can be quite entertaining, if you know where to look.
Here I have listed a few easter eggs and will update it as i get hold of new ones. TRY IT OUT >>>>>>>>>>>>
"0" Blank File, and Clock AVI File :
For Windows XP, If you look in your "My Computer\C:\WINDOWS\" In this folder, after all other folders, you find a text file named "0". If you open it, nothing will be in there, hence the filename "0". Another thing would be a file called "Clock".It's an AVI file. It can open it in Windows Media Player. It's a very simple and plain animation.
These 2 files, were probably left in by the Microsoft Programmers as Easter-Eggs for anyone that could find them.
Con Folder :
- In any windows or dos try to make a folder named 'con'.
- You will be presented by an error that it already exists, or other error preventing you creating this directory.
"Quotes" in windows XP :
Ok, there is a secret file in Windows XP called "quotes". In order to get there you must be somewhat familiar with how to use Windows, simply open up My Computer (explorer) and double click on your main drive (probably C:) next navigate to: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc This is where the quotes file is. Open the file named quotes in your favorite text editor (notepad, MS Word) then look at the quotes put there by the MS developers!
Easier way to force win in Solitaire :
Here is how to make you instantly win a game of solitaire. Simply press Alt + Shift + 2.
Windows XP - Hidden MIDI :
I found this once while I was looking for the Windows "error sound".
- Open "My Computer"
- Open the "C" drive (or whatever your hardrive name is)
- Open the "WINDOWS" folder.
- Open the "Media" folder.
There will be sound a file called "TOWN". Open It and enjoy! (A quicker way to get to it is to go to C:\WINDOWS\Media\TOWN.MID )
Windows XP - Surf the WEB with Windows Help? :
- Open any application you want to in Windows XP.
- Click on the "Help" of the applications menu
- Click on "Contents and Index"
- After the help opens up, click on the question mark icon located in the top left hand corner of the help screen's title bar.
- A new menu will open.
- At the bottom of the new menu (second from the bottom) is another item not usually there. It is "Jump to URL..."
- Click on "Jump to URL..."
- A dialog box opens which you can then enter a url into or a location on you drive or network.
- Make sure you type "http://" (no qoutations) before your address (example: http://www.google.com)
- After you type in an address, the OK button enables. Click the OK button or hit the ENTER key, and voila, you are surfing the web from inside the Help Screen.
Flash (Macromedia) - Flash MX :
- Click on the Help menu and choose About.
- Click the very tip of the mouse pointer just underneath the "crotch" of the X.
Note: what you are hunting for is a button only one pixel wide so it may take a number of clicks to get it.
- If your screen turns totally dark blue you've found the egg. Be patient it can take a while to load.
- One it's loaded, you have a choice of six games.
- One from the Flash 4 Easter egg: Gary's Bike Jump.
- One from the Flash 5 Easter egg: Gold rush.
- Plus four other games - Flash versions of the old arcade games: Asteroids, Lunar Lander, Breakthrough and Flash Blox (Tetris).
Macromedia Flash 8
Flash (Macromedia) - Flash Professional 8 Photo Album :
- Open Flash Pro. 8.
- Go to Help> About Flash Professional.
- Now, Click exactly in the middle of the big eight on the right hand side. (It is where the middle of the eight comes together to form an eight)
- If you have any trouble than just click around the area for a little bit.
Flash MX Pro 2004
- Go to Help/About Flash Professional...
- Click on the tiny 'TM' near the number 2004.
The About screen will load with a choice of six different games... loads of fun!
Yahoo Messenger (latest version)
Yahoo Messenger - new hidden smileys!
:-j - "jk" (just kidding)
:-@ - blabbermouth
:-> - animated flirt face
Open About Window in Winamp. Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift. Now pass to the Credits Tab... An interesting screen with authors' photos and fire walls is gonna to appear!
by Russian Eugene
- Load Winamp 5.0.
- Click the "Options" menu, then "Preferences".
- Under the "Plug-ins" tree, click "Input".
- Click "Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.40", and then "About".
- A dialogue box should appear with a fish in front of a diamond. If you click the fish, it'll spin! The longer you hold it, the longer it'll spin.